The vice-dean for research and graduate studies is committed to supporting our faculty and graduate students.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating the graduate admission procedures and registration each semester
- Providing advice and guidance to graduate students and faculty about research policies, class lists, and exams
- Evaluation and approving of the proposals for theses and dissertations, screening of the research progress, and approving extensions and suspensions of study
- Approving the appointment of internal and external examiners for research degrees (viva)
- Contributing to the strategic development of the graduate programs (syllabus collection)
- Coordinating meeting of the School Graduate Studies Committee, and attending all relevant committee meetings at the College of Science
- Promotes on-going graduate programs and taking the lead in the development of new graduate program
- Evaluation and approving research proposals from basic to applied perspectives
- Coordinating postdoctoral program
- Coordinating academic related information on the website
- Assist the Dean with data input related to classes, grading, student schedules, evaluation of the faculty by graduate students, and etc.